– Norwich remain adrift of mathematical safety after a 1-0 loss to Stoke in their last match.
– Ryan Bennett did his best to prevent that result, making 18 interceptions against Stoke, the joint highest in the last round of games.
– Bennett has now made 36 interceptions this season, part of 65 defensive contributions overall across tackles won, interceptions, blocks and clearances. Those stats are impressive considering Bennett has played just 862 minutes this season, averaging a defensive intervention every 13 minutes and 16 seconds.
– Norwich has worked tirelessly in the tackle this season, and are one of three teams in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index to have two players who have attempted 100 or more tackles this season. Both Robert Snodgrass (123 attempted, 56% won) and Bradley Johnson (112 attempted 52.6% won) feature. You can get 7/4 with 888sport.com that Norwich will prevent Villa from scoring this weekend.
– Aston Villa climbed out of the relegation zone in stunning fashion on Monday night with a 6-1 victory over Sunderland on Monday night.
– Christian Benteke boosted his growing reputation with a quick fire hat trick, while Ron Vlaar, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Andreas Weimann added to the tally.
– Those goals took Benteke’s tally for the season to 18, fourth in the race for Premier League top scorer. Benteke’s goals have come at a rate of one every 5.67 shots, and one every 158 minutes 43 seconds. Of the Premier League’s top five goal scorers only Robin van Persie has a more efficient shots per goal ratio with 4.88 shots per goal.
– Benteke also has the best shots on target percentage of the league’s top ten goalscorers, getting 69.8% of his 102 shots so far this season on target.
– Agbonlahor’s goal was his seventh of the season, though the striker has been shying away from shooting in order to support Benteke and the team defensively. Agbonlahor has had just 32 shots at goal this season, though he has converted when it counts, averaging a goal every 4.57 shots, better than Robin van Persie’s rate of a goal every 4.88 shots. Agbonlahor is an industry best price of 11/4 with 888sport.com to score at any time.